- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F and separate 2 eggs into 2 mixing bowls. With a clean, dry electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they’re foamy.
2. Add in 2 tablespoons of erythritol and beat until the egg whites become shiny and stiff peaks form.
3. In the other mixing bowl, cream together the egg yolks, ricotta cheese and the other 2 tablespoons of erythritol.
4. Into the egg yolk ricotta bowl, add the zest and juice of half a lemon.
5. Now add the vanilla extract and poppy seeds. Mix well to combine.
6. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks half at a time, stirring gently.
7. Grease 4 ramekins and add your soufflé batter into each one. Gently shake and tap the ramekins to flatten out the tops of the soufflés. Bake for about 20 minutes. The soufflé tops should be set but slightly jiggly.
8. Remove from the oven when you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!