These 2 Ingredient Bagels are simply made with self rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt!
2 INGREDIENT BAGELS
These 2 ingredient bagels are simply made with self rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt! Finish them with your choice of toppings. Course Breakfast Cuisine American Keyword 2 ingredient bagel recipe, 2 ingredient bagels, weight watchers bagels Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 35 minutes Servings8 bagels Calories 151 Author
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt (see Recipe Notes for tips)
- 1 large egg
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- everything bagel seasoning mix, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc (all optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray to prevent the bagels from sticking.
- In a large bowl, use a sturdy spatula to combine the self-rising flour and yogurt until the mixture clumps to a shaggy dough. Dump the mixture onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough together by hand for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Dust with additional flour as needed if the dough is too sticky (see Recipe Notes below for tips).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Shape each portion of dough into a ball. Use your thumbs to make a hole in the center of each ball. Gently pull and stretch until the dough is a uniform sized ring. Repeat with remaining rounds. Flour your hands as needed.
- Arrange the shaped bagels on the prepared baking sheet. Mix together the egg wash by whisking the egg, salt, and water in a small bowl until smooth. Brush the egg wash mixture over the bagels. Sprinkle desired toppings over bagels.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, rotating the baking sheet midway through baking. Remove from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes until the tops of the bagels have browned.
Nutrition Facts2 Ingredient BagelsAmount Per Serving (1 bagel)Calories 151Calories from Fat 9% Daily Value*Fat 1g2%Cholesterol 25mg8%Sodium 27mg1%Potassium 110mg3%Carbohydrates 24g8%Sugar 1g1%Protein 9g18%Vitamin A 35IU1%Calcium 63mg6%Iron 0.4mg2%* Percent Daily Values are ba
- I made the 2 ingredient bagels for tomorrow, I made them smaller… but they taste amazing! I also added Apple Cinnamon Spice to it😋