- 1 1/4 c. overly ripe mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. milk or sour cream*
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the banana, oil, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk (or sour cream), vanilla and bananas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, gently fold everything together, along with 1 cup of nuts. Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Fill liners about 1/8-inch below the rim. They should be VERY full. Sprinkle tops with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 425. Reduce the heat to 375 and continue baking for another 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*You can do either or, or 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup sour cream, or 1/2 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup milk.
-Don’t want to use nuts? Try adding chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins, or chopped fruit.