gr 7 bl7 pur 7
SP 335 Calories
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:45 mins
TOTAL TIME:55 mins
ChineseSoy sauce, vinegar and Sriracha hot sauce make these Asian-Glazed Chicken Drumsticks savory delicious – serve over rice or vegetables for an easy meal!
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- olive oil spray, I used my Misto
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey, or sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
- Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes thick, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don’t want it to burn when it start becoming thick).
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce on top.
- Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve
Serving: 2drumsticks, Calories: 335kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 49g, Fat: 9.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 218mg, Sodium: 1062mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 5.5gBlue Smart Points:7Green Smart Points:7Purple Smart Points:7Points +:5