- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- ¾ ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (see Tip)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces spiralized zucchini noodles (see Tip)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing
- ¼ cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- Prep30 m
- Ready In45 m
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. Place cornstarch in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a separate shallow dish. Stir together panko, Parmesan and oregano in a third shallow dish.
- Coarsely chop zucchini noodles into 5- or 6-inch-long pieces. Working in batches, dredge the noodles in the cornstarch; shake off excess. Dredge in the egg whites; shake off excess. Dredge in the panko mixture; shake off excess. Arrange the noodles, well spaced apart, in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with salt.
- Combine ranch and marinara in a shallow bowl; serve alongside the fries.
- Tips: Finely grate Parmesan using the medium holes of box grater (you should get about ¼ cup).
- Look for a package of fresh zucchini noodles in the produce department, or make your own zucchini noodles; you’ll need about 3 medium or 2 large zucchini for 12 ounces of zoodles.
- Equipment: Parchment paper
- Serving size: 1 cup fries & 2 Tbsp. sauce
- Per serving: 137 calories; 4 g fat(1 g sat); 2 g fiber; 18 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 mcg folate; 4mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 101 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 48 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 340 mg sodium; 240 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 starch, ½ fat, ½ vegetable