yield: 8 TENDERS
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 individual (2 oz each) tenders
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I use Stubbs Original, try to find one low in carbs/sugar)
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a cooking rack.
- Wrap each chicken tender in a piece of bacon. Use a pastry brush to brush all sides of each wrapped tender with barbecue sauce and place them on the rack on the baking sheet.
- Combine the brown sugar and chili powder in a small dish and stir until mixed. Sprinkle this mixture over the chicken tenders. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Turn on your broiler (make sure your oven rack is in the appropriate position, in my oven this is toward the top) and return the tenders to the oven. Broil for about 2 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS:
1 per tender (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
3 per tender (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER TENDER:
106 calories, 4 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 15 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)