- 1 pound 96% extra lean ground beef ( I use Laura’s ) or 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large head Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato or 12 grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red or white onion, diced
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese ( I use Trader Joe’s 3 Lite Cheese Blend)
- 12 dill pickles, diced
- 2 Tbsp Light Mayo Best Foods or Light Kraft Mayo
- 2 Tbsp non fat Greek or plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp No Sugar Added Ketchup Heinz
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp minced white onion
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- dash of salt
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Add the lean ground beef and onion salt and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a fork to crumble the meat.
- Add the mined garlic. Stir until garlic is incorporated. Cook meat until it is no longer be pink. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a food scale, measure out 4 ounces of ground beef and divide evenly among the salads. Divide the romaine, tomatoes evenly among four servings.
- To assemble 1 serving: Place 4 ounces of meat over the top of lettuce, 1/4 cup cheese, add tomatoes, 2 Tbsp of dressing, and top with diced pickles.
- In a small bowl, whisk the light mayonnaise, white vinegar, fat plain or Greek yogurt, no added sugar ketchup, salt, water, sweet pickle relish, minced white onion, and sugar. Place dressing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
SERVINGS: MAKE 4 LARGE SERVINGS / 6 FREESTYLE SMART POINTS PER SERVING IF YOU USE 96% EXTRA LEAN GROUND BEEF OR 4 FREESTYLE SMART POINTS PER SERVING IF YOU USE 99% GROUND TURKEY
- You can replace the homemade salad dressing with a low point store bought Thousand Island dressing
- You can substitute the 96% lean beef for 93% ground turkey-the point value is 7 points per serving.