- ▢¾ cup whole grain, crunchy, high-fiber, low sugar cereal (such as Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets)
- ▢2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢8 large egg whites
- ▢1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- ▢¾ cup agave nectar
- ▢2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- ▢2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ▢1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ▢½ teaspoon baking powder
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- ▢⅔ cup low-fat whipped topping
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly mist an 11×7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the cereal, in a blender or food processor, with a mortar and pestle, or manually.
- Place the crushed cereal in a small bowl. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Gently press down on the cereal mixture, spreading it evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. (It may help to do this with a piece of wax paper or damp hands, as the mixture will be sticky.)
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove dish from the oven and se on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, add the egg whites to a large mixing bowl. Whisk them lightly until they are slightly bubbly. Add the pumpkin, agave syrup and flour and whisk until well blended. Stir in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt and continue mixing until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry or with a few damp crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place the dish on a wire cooling rack until cooled to room temperature.
- Cut into 32 pumpkin “bites.” Add a small dollop of light whipped topping just before serving
Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *2Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *4Nutrition FactsBiggest Loser Pumped-Up Pumpkin Pie Bites RecipeAmount Per Serving (2 pumpkin bites)Calories 94Calories from Fat 2% Daily Value*Fat 0.2g0%Carbohydrates 21g7%Fiber 2g8%Protein 3g6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.