This Lemon Blueberry Loaf is moist and delicious with just the right amount of blueberries and lemon. Enjoy a slice for dessert today, perfect with tea or coffee!
PREP TIME10 mins COOK TIME45 mins TOTAL TIME55 mins SERVINGS 10
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice the juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries you can use frozen I just prefer fresh in this loaf
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular size loaf pan with some non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar, stir till blended
- Mix in your applesauce, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder, soda and lemon zest.
- Very gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approx 40-45 minutes until loaf is baked through.
- Let cool then remove from pan and cut into 10 slices, best stored in fridge and will freeze well.
- *Note, if you want to add a glaze you can do so by using 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon & 3Tbsp icing sugar (confectionery sugar, AKA powdered sugar) this will add a point per serving
Personal Points- 2-3 depending on your 0PP foods Freestyle smart points- (blue) 2 using WW recipe builder *same on purple Smart points- (green) 3 using SP calculator Points plus- 2 using PP calculator
(incl all ingredients) Calories 106…Fat 1.4g…Sat fat 0.4g…Carbs 19.4g…Fiber 1g…Sugar 5.5g…Protein 3.4g using My Fitness Pal *note do not use these numbers in your WW calculator, it includes fruit and you may get a different point value, old SP & PP were figured out before entering the zero point foods