- 1 pound (500 g) asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 cloves garlic, minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1095IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 2.7mg