This Chicken Pot Pie Biscuit Casserole is a classic pot pie made into a casserole- filled with rotisserie chicken, mixed vegetables, homemade biscuits, and covered in a creamy chicken sauce.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
- 1 cup self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil, melted
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken (with skin off)
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell’s healthy request cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups zero point frozen vegetables (such as peas, carrots, corn, green beans or a mixture)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- dash of dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add non fat Greek yogurt, egg, and self-rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and place dough on counter that has been lightly floured and begin kneading. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 10 turns.
- Press lightly down to flatten dough. Use a knife to cut small pieces of the dough ball.(making about 20-22 small dough pieces)
- Place dough pieces into a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoons melted butter; toss to coat butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour chicken and vegetables into baking dish; spread in even layer.
- Place dough pieces over the top of the mixture.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until biscuit pieces are thoroughly baked or until center of casserole is bubbly.
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 cup ) servings
GREEN: 5 SmartPoints per serving
BLUE: 3 SmartPoints per serving
PURPLE: 3 SmartPoints per serving
- The key to not having such sticky dough is using a very thick Greek yogurt. The brands that I use are Chobani or Fage ( any other brand I have tried are too thin and causes sticky dough. Also, I recommend using just a tad less than 1/2 cup of the Greek Yogurt-this will help with the texture of the dough balls.
- If you use 7 oz. refrigerated reduced far biscuits-the point value is 5 SmartPoints per serving for the BLUE or PURPLE plan or 7 SmartPoints per serving for the GREEN plan.
YIELD:6 SERVING SIZE:1
Amount per serving: CALORIES: 225TOTAL FAT: 5gSATURATED FAT: 1gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 8gCHOLESTEROL: 143mgSODIUM: 712mgCARBOHYDRATES: 32gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 27gThe point values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients I used for the recipe using the WW app and can vary depending on ingredients used.