yield: 8 (1 1/2 CUP) SERVINGS
- 12 oz dry wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons light butter (I use Land O’Lakes light stick butter)
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (14.5 oz) can reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 ¾ cups fat free half and half
- 16 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or white wine
- 1 ½ oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and cook the pasta according to package directions. When the pasta has one minute of cook time remaining, add the broccoli florets to the pasta water to cook for the remaining minute. Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander.
- While waiting for the water to boil for step two, melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, scallions and garlic and stir to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well combined. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth a little at a time to smooth out and combine the flour clumps until smooth. Add the half and half and continue to whisk to combine. Increase the heat a bit and cook, whisking regularly until a bit thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the chopped chicken, wine, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and then add the drained spaghetti and broccoli.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the sliced almonds. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Top with fresh parsley.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 ½ CUP) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
10 per (1 ½ cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER (1 ½ CUP) SERVING:
366 calories, 45 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 30 g protein, 2 g fiber