This week I’m continuing the edible gifts and dessert ideas as we continue to approach Christmas Day. (Just 6 days people!!) In keeping with my simple approach to sweet treats, today’e recipe for Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Roasted Pecans is a cinch!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups nuts
- 2 cups halved raw pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add egg whites and vanilla and mix. Add pecans and toss.
- In a small separate bowl add cinnamon, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp white sugar. Mix together. Pour over pecans and toss until well coated.
- Pour onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, taking out every 20 minutes to turn the nuts.
- Once removed from oven they may still be in more of a glazed state. This is ok. Toss with that remaining 1 tbsp white sugar. Let sit and cool before serving or wrapping up as gifts.