One chicken cutlet (4 ounces)
1/4 cup of unsweetened plain almond milk
1/4 cup pickle juice
1/4 cup flour (most will be discarded)
1/2 tablespoon of swerve confectioners sugar
Egg beaters – 1 eggs worth (2 tablespoons)
Seasonings: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp each)
1. In a large bowl, combine pickle juice and milk. Add chicken, cover and allow to marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or all day. (That’s how chick fil a does it and no, it doesn’t have a strong pickle flavor in the end)
2. Meanwhile, on a small plate, combine flour, sugar and seasonings. (Sugar is chick fil a’s secret breading ingredient!)
3. Remove chicken from fridge, add egg to the bowl with the chicken and stir to combine.
4. Remove chicken from the bowl, shaking off the excess liquid, and then place on the plate of flour. Completely coat in the flour mixture then set aside on a clean plate.
5. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray air fryer with cooking spray, place chicken on the tray, then spray the chicken with cooking spray. Cook for ten minutes, flipping and respraying halfway.
Skip the air fryer and bake your chicken at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. (Flipping halfway)
Makes ONE serving:
Points per serving:
✔️: 200 calories
*****I assembled my sandwich with a smart baking company bun (1 point) and 2 pickles! (Not included in points)
COPY CAT CHICK FIL A SAUCE!!
1/8 cup plain, non fat yogurt
1.5 tablespoons honey Dijon (I use skinny girl)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1.5 tablespoons BBQ sauce (I use g Hughes)
Pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in refrigerator to allow flavors to form together. (Tastes like the real thing!!!)