Tender pasta smothered in rich mushroom gravy, spruced up with Parmesan and pine nuts.
250 ml, boiling
15 g, dried, Porcini
White pasta, dry
8 oz, bow tie or other shapes
2 clove(s), (medium size) crushed
1 tablespoons, level
1 pinch, to taste
180 g, (baby) pack
2 tablespoons, grated, grated
2 tablespoons, lightly toasted
- Place dried mushrooms in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms through a paper towel-lined sieve, reserving soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms to remove any leftover grit and chop into small pieces; set mushrooms and soaking liquid aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and fresh and dried mushrooms and cook until fresh mushrooms wilt and release juice, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornflour in 4 tbsp of cold water and add to pan with the reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Simmer 1 minute, until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the hot mushroom sauce, add spinach and toss to combine (hot sauce will wilt spinach leaves).
- Add Parmesan and pine kernels and mix well.NB. Vegetarians should use vegetarian parmesan.