- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup sweet Marsala cooking wine
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a greased 5 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and thyme to crock pot.
- Pour wine over chicken.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Open crock pot and remove chicken.
- Stir the cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water. Add to crock pot along with heavy cream and chicken base and mix well.
- Return chicken to crock pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.