- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 thighs, 5-ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I like Soy-Bay and Kikkoman Takumi brands)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca (for thickening)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, teriyaki sauce, green onion and tapioca. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is fork tender.
The quality of your teriyaki sauce will make a big difference here. I like Soy-Vay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.Possible additions: 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerServing size: 1 chicken thigh + scant 1/2 cup sauce4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)