This is the EASIEST slow cooker recipe EVER! Just TWO ingredients: salsa and chicken, plus some spices makes a delicious juicy chicken that can be used in tacos, over rice, over salad and more!
- 1-1/2 lbs lean skinless chicken thigh filets, Perdue Fit and Easy
- 1 cup chunks salsa
- adobo seasoning, or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- Season the chicken with adobo (or salt), then place in the crock pot and top with salsa, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp cumin.
- Cover and cook LOW for 4 hours. When cooked, remove the chicken and set on a large plate; shred with two forks. Pour the liquid into a bowl and reserve, then place the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, adjust salt to taste and add remaining 1/4 tsp cumin.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid back into the crock pot and cover until ready to serve.
- Makes about 2 3/4 cups chicken.
Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 187kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 127mg, Sodium: 315mg, Fiber: 1g WW Points Plus:4KEYWORDS:chicken thigh crock pot recipes, crock pot chicken thighs, crockpot salsa chicken, salsa chicken, slow cooker chicken thighs