- 3 large bell peppers, any color
- 1.5 pound 99% ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed ( optional )
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, thawed (optional)
- 1/2 cup light mozzarella cheese ( I use Market Pantry reduced fat mozzarella)
- cilantro for garnish, if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and prep the peppers. Cut each pepper in half ( length wise) removing the stem. Scoop out the seeds and membrane. Pour 1/2 cup water into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place peppers in prepared baking dish. ( adding water will help ensure the peppers stay moist while cooking) Set aside.
- Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray. Add onions, cook until onions are translucent and tender. Add the turkey. Cook on medium hight until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder with 2 Tbsp of water. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and ground turkey/onions. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the filling ( about 1/2 cup) between the pepper halves.
- Tightly cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. (covering them with foil will ensure the peppers don’t dry out while baking)
- Cook for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the tops of the peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Servings: Makes 6 stuffed half peppers
GREEN: 6 SmartPoints per half pepper or 12 SmartPoints for 2 servings
BLUE: 2 SmartPoints per half pepper or 3 SmartPoints for 2 servings
PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints per half pepper or 3 SmartPoints for 2 servings
- Wrap each stuffed peppers in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the ww recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
- Nutrtional information does not include the black beans or corn. The caloires are 283 per serving with the black beans and corn.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 193TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 1gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 63mgSODIUM: 660mgCARBOHYDRATES: 13gFIBER: 6gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 30g
The point values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients I used for the recipe using the WW app and can vary depending on ingredients used.