prep 15 mins
cook 35 mins
total 50 mins
author shevy (slimming eats)
yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 5.5 syns (or 4 syns if you use milk from HEa allowance)
- Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEb and 5.5 syns (or 4 syns if you use milk from HEa allowance)
- Original – 1 HEb and 5.5 syns (or 4 syns if you use milk from HEa allowance)
- WW Smart Points – 13
- Gluten Free – use gluten-free oats and baking powder
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 100g (3.5oz) of fat free vanilla yoghurt
- 3/4 tbs of sukrin gold
- 1.5 tbs of maple syrup – 4 syns
- 3 tbs of 2% milk – 1.5 syns
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f (gas mark 5)
- Grease a small oven proof dish (approx 4.5 inches) with spray oil
- Spray a small saucepan over a medium high heat
- Add the maple syrup and milk and whisk continuously until it thickens slightly, almost like a caramel sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the oven proof dish so that it covers all of the bottom.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend to fine
- Mix in the baking powder
- Add to a bowl with the egg, yoghurt and sukrin: gold and whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into the oven proof dish on top of syrup sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 40 mins (skewer entered in the centre should come out out clean).
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place a small plate over the top and flip over, gently tapping until the cake comes out onto the plate with the syrupy sauce now the top of the cake.
- Serve with your choice of sides – enjoy!!
Healthy Extra B servings of oats vary slightly from the UK to the USA, so adjust accordingly.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9.2 g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 193 mg||64%|
|Sodium 513 mg||21%|
|Total Carbohydrates 53.3 g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6 g||14%|
|Sugars 23.9 g|
|Protein 15.8 g||32%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.