- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded
- 1 Pounch Frontera Green Chili Enchilda Sauce (or equivalent)
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Low Sodium Fat Free Chicken Broth
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 9 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (we prefer Cabot brand)
- ⅓ Cup Sliced Black Olives
- Place chicken and green chili enchilada sauce in small Crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours on high.
- Turn off Crockpot and shred chicken, leaving in sauce.
- Set aside, cool and/or refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- In nonstick skillet heat Olive Oil and onions. Cook onions over medium heat until caramelized (10-12 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add onions to chicken mixture, but do not wash pan.
- In same pan, add tomato sauce, chicken broth, cumin, garlic and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add heavy whipping cream to mixture. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Assemble casserole starting with tortillas, chicken, cheese, olives then sauce. Use ⅓ of each item finishing with sauce and extra cheese & olives on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
Points Per Serving – Makes 10 Servings:
4 SmartPoints per serving on FreeStyle Plan or FlexPlan
5 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale