- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.Start Timer
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.Start Timer
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.Start Timer
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These may also be frozen.
- To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm
Healthy Egg Muffin CupsAmount Per Serving
Calories 50Calories from Fat 18% Daily Value*Fat 2g3%Cholesterol 62mg21%Sodium 47mg2%Potassium 161mg5%Carbohydrates 3g1%Sugar 1g1%Protein 4g8%Vitamin A 995IU20%Vitamin C 28.5mg35%Calcium 20mg2%Iron 0.6mg