- 2 cups zucchini finely grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter melted*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour gluten-free
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Grating & Straining Zucchini
- Using a food processor*, finely grate zucchini and measure out 2 cups. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini by dabbing with a paper towel or using a cheese cloth. (You will end up with about 1 cup of grated zucchini once water is squeezed out.)
- Whisk together melted butter, eggs, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix together flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda in a separate, medium-sized bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix by hand until batter is smooth.
- Stir in grated zucchini and lemon zest until just combined.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and/or line it with parchment paper.
- Pour in the zucchini bread batter and spread it out evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
For dairy-free use coconut oil instead of butter.
If vegan, substitute honey for pure maple syrup, butter for coconut oil, and eggs with flax or chia seed eggs.