- 1 1⁄2cups skim milk
- 1⁄4cup canola oil
- 2egg whites
- 3⁄4cup white flour
- 3⁄4cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2cup oatmeal
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon allspice or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- Lightly oil an electric frypan or pancake griddle with no-stick cooking spray and heat.
- Whisk (wet ingredients) milk, oil, and eggs together; combine remaining (dry) ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients; stir to combine all.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto hot griddle to form 5-6″ pancakes; cook until surface of pancakes is bubbled; flip pancakes over and cook until both sides are light golden brown.
- NOTES: The ratio of white flour to whole wheat flour can easily be varied (example: 1 cup white with 1/2 cup wheat flour) to suit your family’s preference. Also, you may opt to use two whole eggs instead of fussing with egg whites. And for this recipe, your choice of either quick-cooking or regular old-fashioned oatmeal will work just fine.