When I cook from scratch like this I don’t exactly measure. But I’ll do my best for y’all (just keep in mind I made enough to can)
– Tons of tomatoes (variety gives the best flavor in my opinion )
– a whole container of fresh mushrooms
– 4 large green bell peppers
– tons of fresh garlic
– a whole bag of shredded carrots
– 3 large white onions
– I also used less then a can of organic tomatoes paste just to help thicken it up a bit. ( Which is less then 1 point for the whole batch)
– I let the pot simmer all day long, while mashing and allowing it to thicken on it’s own.
– it did add very little salt for canning purposes, roughly about 4 Tbsp for the whole batch
– ground pepper
– Italian seasonings
– garlic powder
– bay leaf
That’s it, nothing else went into it.
In fact I used it tonight with my chicken Parmesan, it was so hearty, and robust in flavor.
Using fresh ingredients is always the bast way to go.