- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs), skin on, bone in, trimmed of excess fat and excess skin
- 2 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Salt the chicken: Sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with salt and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2 Make honey mustard sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
3 Spoon honey mustard sauce over chicken: Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken.
4 Bake: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes, or until the thighs read 175°F (80°C) on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
Remove the casserole pan from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking.
Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the chicken before you serve.