Instant Pot applesauce is a great snack and kid-friendly food! Using the Instant Pot makes applesauce a perfect option for meal prep! Weight Watcher friendly, ZERO points!
Homemade applesauce sounds like a daunting and tedious task, but using your Instant Pot is a game changer!
Making Instant Pot Applesauce ensures natural ingredients with no added sugar, which is always a factor when buying prepackaged items at the store. Not to mention this is a family-friendly recipe and Weight Watchers friendly for ZERO points!
Related: Over 40 Weight Watchers Snack Ideas-6 points and under! (Coming Soon)
To make this a literal grab and go snack, grab some of these reusable pouches! They aren’t just for kids either; these are great if you are driving in the car and really need a quick snack!
If you want a little more guidance on choosing apples, here is a great guide on sweetness, how good they are for cooking, and other tips!
Instant Pot Applesauce
Ingredients for Instant Pot Applesauce
2 lbs of apples (I prefer Honeycrisp), peeled
1/2c to 1 cup of water
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Optional: brown sugar
How to Make Instant Pot Applesauce
- Peel all the apples and slice into wedges (no core!)
- Combine all ingredients
- Set valve to sealing position and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to blend.
- Serve warm or cold. Stores in refrigerator up to a week.
Servings: 5; 1 cup per serving; ZERO WW Smartpoints
Tips for Making Instant Pot Applesauce
- Depending on what apples you choose, the applesauce may be sweeter or tangier.
- Setting aside time to meal prep into 1 cup portions makes this an easy grab and go option.
- Potato mashers work well, but if you need an immersion blender I recommend this one
- If you want some variations on applesauce add a lemon juice followed by whatever fruit you want to add! (Ex. pineapple, peach, blueberry, etc.)
Instant Pot Applesauce-WW friendly
Servings: 5; 1 cup per serving; ZERO points if you are on WW.
- 2 lbs of apples (I prefer honeycrisp), peeled
- 1/2c to 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: brown sugar
Peel all the apples and slice into wedges (no core!)
Combine all ingredients
Set valve to sealing position and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Use an immersion blender or potato masher to blend.
Serve warm or cold. Stores in refrigerator up to a week