- 1 1/4 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 Cup powdered erythritol
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (feel free to omit if you don’t have it…it just adds a bit more depth to the flavors)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold and cut in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350 Prepare muffin tin with 10 paper liners, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, erythritol (or preferred sweetener) flax, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir in butter, banana extract, vanilla extract, almond milk, and sour cream. Add eggs to mixture and gently stir until fully combined.
- Fill muffin tins about 1/2-3/4 full with mixture.
**If you need more accurate measurements, weigh the batter on a food scale and divide by 10. That will give you the grams of batter per cup.
- Add walnuts, butter, and almond flour to food processor. Pulse a few times until nuts are chopped into small pieces. If mixture seems too dry (sometimes some walnuts are softer than others) feel free to add another tablespoon of butter.
- Sprinkle bits of the mixture evenly over batter and gently press down. Sprinkle erythritol on top of crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes, an hour or more if possible. This lets them firm up.
*If they seem to be cooking faster, take them out sooner to avoid burning. Alternatively, if they are still wet looking, return them to the oven for a few minutes keeping a close eye on them.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.