- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar Swerve
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat the butter over medium low heat in a 8” cast iron skillet. Cook the butter stirring frequently until just beginning to brown. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Once cooled stir in the egg, vanilla, brown sugar. Once combined stir in the almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder along with the chocolate chips. Use the spatula to smooth out the top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out semi-clean. Serve with sugar-free vanilla ice cream if desired.