Didn’t think you could eat donuts on keto? Think again! These almond flour based donuts are SO light and fluffy, and the addition of a smooth chocolate glaze really puts them over the top. Even non-keto people were going crazy for these as soon as we finished shooting them.
Cooking spray1 c.
almond flour1/4 c.
keto-friendly granulated sugar (such as Swerve)2 tsp.
baking powder1/4 tsp.
kosher salt4 tbsp.
melted butter1/4 c.
large eggs1/2 tsp.
pure vanilla extractFOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE1 1/2 c.
keto-friendly powdered sugar1/4 c.
cocoa powder1/2 c.
pure vanilla extract
Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease donut pan with cooking spray. (Don’t forget the centers where the donut hole is!)
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine almond flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, cream, eggs, and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Fill each donut mold 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake until donuts are golden in color and pulling away from sides of the pan, 15 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before removing.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate glaze: Sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder together into a large bowl. Add water and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Fit a cooking wrack into a medium sheet tray, then flip cooled donuts out onto cooling wrack. Pour glaze over donuts and let set 10 minutes before serving.