- 3.5 oz Salted Butter (3.5 oz – 1/2 cup)
- 4.5 oz Erythritol (SoNourished) (4.5 oz – 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg (50g / 1.7 oz)
- 6 oz Almond Flour (6 oz – 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 oz Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (90g – 3/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (355F). Microwave the butter for 30 seconds to melt, but make sure it is not hot.
- Place the butter and erythritol in a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Press the dough together and remove from the bowl. Knead in the chocolate chips with your hands.
- Divide and shape the dough into 12 balls (or use a small ice cream scoop) and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes at 180C (355F).
- Allow to cool before serving. Keep in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ANY INGREDIENTS IN THIS RECIPE?I have showcased different ingredients to show you how using alternatives might affect the quality of the cookie.
- Fine Almond Flour: It still works, but results in a too flat for my liking.
- Coconut Flour: It’s pretty bad, so don’t try it.
- Coconut Oil: It also doesn’t work that well. The cookies melt too quickly and stay in more of a ball shape.
- Without Xanthan Gum: Too flat. If you baked the cookies for a little less time, it could definitely work. I suggest 8 minutes.
- You can also substitute Xanthan Gum with Gelatin (1 tsp).
2.3 net carbs! The easiest and most delicious recipe! Enjoy