If these keto chocolate muffins sound familiar, they should. They are pretty much the same recipes as my Flourless Keto Chewy Chocolate Cookies, but it muffin form. They are the perfect, rich and decadent treat, but in bite-sized mini form. They are low carb, gluten free, and even dairy free. They are also really easy to mix up with ingredients you probably already have on hand. When that dreadful sweet tooth hits, this might just be the low carb dessert recipe that saves you from diving head first into a pint of ice cream. BUT, if ice cream is your thing, I also have a low carb solution for that. Check out this Mason Jar Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream
A COUPLE OF NOTES ABOUT THE KETO CHOCOLATE MUFFINS:
- I cooked these muffins in a silicone mini muffin pan. You can get one here. They pop right out and clean up is a cinch.
- Using confectioners erythritol instead of granular helps to take away the cooling effect that some experience with Swerve or erythritol. It also takes away any grittiness.
- If you are making 12 standard sized muffins, you may need to increase the cooking time up to 15 to 17 minutes.
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (I use this brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter, or coconut oil for dairy free
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate baking chips (I use this brand or this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a silicone mini muffin pan on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, erythritol, cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Using an elecrtric hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are well combined. It should be a fairly thick dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 18 wells of the mini muffin pan – or 12 regular sized muffins.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to allow the muffins to cool before eating.