For the Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Crust
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin, or prepare with paper cupcake liners.
- Make the crust: Combine almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well to break up any lumps in the almond flour.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Using your fingertips, press down flat into the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until just beginning to brown. Remove, and let cool at least 10 minutes while you make the batter.
- Make the cheesecake batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetener, egg, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crusts. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Check the cheesecakes for doneness, removing when the center of the cheesecakes still jiggles a bit when you tap the side of the pan.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then cover and chill in the refrigerator. (See unmolding tips in the notes.
- To unmold the cheescakes, run a thin paring knife around the edge of the cheesecakes to help release it from the muffin pan.
- If your cheesecakes are really stuck, you can place the bottom of the muffin pan into a sink of hot water for about 15-30 seconds.
- If you want the crust to reach all the way up the sides of the cheesecakes, you can double the crust recipe.
- Serve with a dollop of strawberry puree, fresh berries, or sugar-free jam.
yield: 6 MINI CHEESECAKES prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES additional time: 1 HOUR total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES