INGREDIENTSFor the pie
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (like splenda or stevia)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar substitute
for the crust
- 1/2 cup almond pieces
- 1/4 cup ground almond flour
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Stevia (or other sugar substitute)
- Combine the almonds, almond flour, and stevia in food processor
- Pulse the ingredients until ground but not clumped together
- Dump the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the butter
- Press the crust mixture into a 9 inch pie tin. If you only have a 10 inch pan it’ll work just fine
4) bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees, just until the crust is set and lightly browned.
For the filling
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar substitute in mixing bowl. With the whip attachment, mix on med-high speed until soft peaks form. The cream can be beaten by hand in a stainless steel bowl with a wire whisk.
- Remove the cream from mixing bowl and scrape clean. There is no need to wash the bowl
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar substitute in mixing bowl. With the whip attachment beat the mixture first on low, scraping the bowl as you go, until mixture is combined.
- Increase speed to med-high and whip until peanut butter/cream cheese mixture is smooth
4) Add the lightly whipped cream back to the mixing bowl. Whip on medium until completely incorporated.
5) pour mixture into pie shell and let it cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
The pie is ready to cut! This recipe makes 12 servings and it is 6 carbs per one slice!