These Keto Pumpkin Pancakes are soft, thick, fluffy and perfect for any fall breakfast, Thanksgiving morning or weekend brunch. They’re made with pumpkin, cinnamon, almond milk and coconut flour and are low carb, gluten free and paleo friendly.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons canned organic pumpkin OR pure pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter, almond butter OR nut or seed butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar for paleo (you can add more if you prefer sweeter pancakes)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup super-fine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cooking spray or ghee , for griddle
OPTIONAL FOR EXTRA FLUFFY PANCAKES:
- 1 egg white , whipped to stiff peaks
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs then whisk in the pumpkin, nut or seed butter and monk fruit sweetener. Pour in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.Add almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and stir until the batter is combined. The batter should be somewhat thick.
- (OPTIONAL STEP FOR THICKER & FLUFFIER PANCAKES: Whip up an egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently old into the pancake batter.)Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium-low heat – medium heat. It’s important to allow the pancakes to cook low and slow since they are grain free.Coat griddle or pan with avocado or coconut oil cooking spray or ghee.
- Drop scant 1/4 cup rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 3-5 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown and the middle is cooked through.
- Serve or top with desired toppings: sugar free syrup, chopped nuts, almond butter, melted ghee/ butter or whipped coconut cream, if desired.