- 2 cups chopped cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted 10.5 ounces cans
- 10 ounces diced tomato canned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas cut into quarters (I used Mission Extra Thin Corn tortillas)
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Nonstick Vegetable cooking spray
- If you don’t already have cooked, diced chicken breast start off by cooking and dicing some boneless, skinless chicken breast.Advertisements
- Dice the onion and green bell pepper.
- Spray a nonstick pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chicken, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup , a can of diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder and ground pepper. Mix well and let it come to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9×9 casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Place a layer of tortilla wedges. Top with one-third of the chicken mixture. Place another layer of tortilla wedge followed by another layer of the chicken mixture. Next goes the final layer of tortilla wedges , followed by the remaining the chicken mixture.
- Finally, top the casserole with 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve immediately. refrigerate the leftover in a covered container.
Servings: 6 people
Weight Watchers King Ranch Chicken Casserole is easy to make and only 4 Freestyle SmartPoints per generous serving.