recipeServings: 4 peopleCalories: 197kcal
- 1/3 cup Apple Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 8 Lamb Loin Chops, approximately 1 1/2 lbs trim any extra fat
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Beef Broth, reduced sodium
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Mint Jelly
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix apple juice & cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim the fat off lamb chops and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb chops to heated skillet and cook until browned on one side.
- Flip lamb chops and place entire pan into the oven.
- Bake lamb chops for approximately 11 minutes or when a meat thermometer in one of the lamb chops reaches 140 degrees (for medium-rare).
- Transfer lamb chops to a serving platter and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Place skillet back over medium-high heat on your stove-top (use a pot holder) & add shallot.
- Cook shallot, stirring constantly, until browned and softened.
- Add beef broth, vinegar, and mint jelly and bring to a boil. Use a fork to break up the jelly until it dissolves into the sauce.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Stir constantly until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of fresh mint.
- Pour sauce over top of the lamb chops and then sprinkle another 1 tablespoon of fresh mint on top.
6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints for 2 Lamb ChopsNutrition Info:197 calories, 7.5 g total fat, 2.3 g saturated fat, 11.2 g carbohydrates, .3 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 19.9 g protein