Oven Roasted Asparagus is coated in a lemon garlic sauce and cooked in a 400-degree oven until perfectly crisp and tender.
Course Dinner, lunch
Keyword garlic asparagus, how to roast asparagus, lemon asparagus, roasted asparagus
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 77 kcal
- 1 lb. asparagus spears tough ends removed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus spears by snapping at the junction where the hard and tender parts meet. Repeat with all asparagus spears.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic.
- Place asparagus spears on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush garlic oil over all sides of the spears using a pastry brush.
- Bake asparagus in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, or until tender and bright green.
- Just before serving zest half of a lemon and squeeze juice over the asparagus. Enjoy!