A fabulously healthy treat: These delicious Low Carb Banana Muffins are grain free, sugar free and seriously nutrient-dense. This is feel-good snacking taken to the next level.
- 200 g / 2 cups almond flour or ground almonds
- 30 g / 1/4 cup flaxseed ground
- 1 banana very ripe
- 2 eggs large
- 120 ml / 4 ounces almond milk
- 60 ml / 2 ounces coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp granulated sweetenerdepending on your sweet tooth
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 40 g cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate, 85-90% (1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the banana, eggs, almond milk and oil in a food processor or with a blender.
- Add the dry ingredients: the ground almonds, ground flaxseed, erythritol, baking powder and spices. Blend until thoroughly combined
- Lastly, stir in the cacao nibs (or chopped dark chocolate)
- Fill into a muffin tin lined with paper cups. If you don’t have any to hand, make sure the tin is really well greased. My mix made 8 muffins, but I did “try” the dough quite a few times. Yours might yield 9!
- Bake at 180 degrees 25-30 minutes or until browned on top. You can also test with a cocktail stick or a knife – if they come out dry, the muffins are done.
The nutrition information below is based on using cacao nibs, which have no added sugar at all. If you prefer to choose dark chocolate, the sugar content would increase depending on the cocoa content. The higher the cocoa content, the less sugar! Make sure you choose a chocolate with at least 85% cocoa.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.6g | Protein: 9.3g | Fat: 25.8g | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 2.9g