CHEESE DOUGH LASAGNA NOODLES
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 lb ground beef I used lean ground beef
- 1 cup no sugar added marinara sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part skim low moisture mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Shred and add all cheese dough ingredients into a food processor. Blend until evenly mixed. It should have a thick liquid consistency. If you do not have a food processor, you can mix by hand (see notes).
- Pour cheese batter into prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread batter across pan.
- Place into middle of oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until surface is no longer wet and is firm to the touch.
- Set cheese noodles aside to let cool. While noodles are cooling, prepare your meat sauce.
- In a large skillet, add onion and ground beef. Cook on medium heat until meat is browned. Drain excess fat from pan.
- Add in Italian seasoning and marinara sauce. Reduce to low heat and cook at a simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Evenly slice your cheese dough into thirds. Your slices should just fit into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. (see photo in post for reference)
- Add a thin layer of meat sauce to the bottom of an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Add first noodle layer over meat sauce.
- Add 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce across first noodle layer. Spread 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese across. Sprinkle 1/4 mozzarella cheese across.
- Repeat with second noodle, meat sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Add third noodle. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle on remaining mozzarella. If desired you can add a pinch of dried herb seasoning to the cheese. I like to finely crumble a pinch of dried oregano and add it to the cheese.
- Bake lasagna in the middle of your oven at 350F for about 20 minutes. If you wish to get some color on the top cheese layer, set your oven to a low broil (after the 20 min bake) and let the cheese bubble and blister for about 2 minutes.
- Let lasagna cool slightly before slicing and serving. If desired, sprinkle on some finely chopped fresh basil, oregano and parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
serving: 0.25of recipe, calories: 633kcal, carbohydrates: 9g, protein: 49g, fat: 43g, saturated fat: 20g, cholesterol: 259mg, sodium: 840mg, potassium: 707mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 3g, vitamin a: 1060iu, vitamin c: 0.3mg, calcium: 634mg, iron: 3.7mg, net carbs: 8g