prep 10 mins
total 10 mins
yield 2 servings
Mixed Berry Eton Mess is the Ultimate Low Syn Dessert with layers of delicious juicy berries, yoghurt and meringue
- 1 cup of fat-free vanilla or lemon yoghurt
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (slightly defrosted)
- 4 mini meringues – 4.5 syns
- Add the meringues to a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin until broken into small pieces.
- Add ⅔ of the meringue to the yoghurt and fold till combined
- Drain any excess juice from the slightly defrosted berries
- Using two glasses, add 1 layer of fruit, then a layer of the yoghurt meringue mix, then another layer of fruit and finally one last layer of yoghurt and then top with the remaining crumbled meringue.
- Dig in and enjoy!!
- If you want to spend a few more syns you could even top with a little light cream, but personally I find these perfect just as they are.
Meringues can vary in size and therefore syn value, so ensure you use ones of similar syn value or adjust the syns to cover the ones you use.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 2.5 syns per serving
- Original – 2.5 syns per serving
- Green/Vegetarian – 2.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points – 8 per serving
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.