prep 10 mins
cook 1 min, 25 secs
total 11 mins, 25 secs
author slimming eats
yield 1 mug cake
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – HEb and 6.5 syns
- Original – HEb and 6.5 syns
- Green/Vegetarian – HEb and 6.5 syns
- WW Smart Points – 10
- Gluten Free – ensure all ingredients used are gluten free.
- 40g of oats – HEb
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbs of chocolate spread (like nutella) – 5 syns
- 5g of 100% pure cocoa powder – 1 syn
- 2 tbs of plain fat-free plain Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbs of sukrin: gold (or use another sweetener of choice) – 0.5 syns
- 1 egg white
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until fine.
- Add the baking powder and soda and mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate spread to a large mug (that you are using to cook the cake in)
- Microwave for approx 20 secs
- Add the cocoa powder, yoghurt, vanilla extract, sukrin and egg white and mix till a smooth paste.
- Add the oat mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined
- Microwave for 1 minute and 25 secs.
- Allow to cool slightly and then carefully use a knife or spatula and run it along the outside if you wish to remove cake from the mug.
- Serve with berries and yoghurt or some light cream for some additional syns.
As we use only a tiny amount of baking powder and baking soda, the syns are negligible hence why they are not synned in this recipe.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 mug cake
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.9 g||15%|
|Cholesterol 0.6 mg||0%|
|Sodium 86.9 mg||4%|
|Total Carbohydrates 45.1 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5 g||54%|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 12.8 g|