- 1/2 cups of unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat until completely mixed.
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Scrape all of the dough out of the bowl onto the plastic wrap and then roll it into a log. Make it about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Wrap the dough completely with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it is firm. At least 20 minutes or you can leave it in there overnight.
- Once the dough is firm, slice it into cookies (about 1/8 of an inch thick) and place them on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
1 cookie = 1 point. You can also add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter to give them a little extra spice (optional).