- ½ lb lean turkey breakfast sausage, raw i use Jennie O
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp stevia or favorite sugar substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-½ cups 1% low fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish well with cooking spray.
- Place turkey sausage in a pan, break up with a spatula, and cook for a few minutes until cooked through and browned. When the turkey sausage is done cooking remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, stevia, and salt. Stir together well with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl add milk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk together well.
- Add flour mixture to the egg and milk mixture. Stir together just until combined. Batter will be lumpy. Be careful not to over mix! If for whatever reason you feel like the batter is too dry add one or two tablespoons of water.
- Gently fold the turkey sausage into the batter. If you’re scared to over mix the batter then you can just sprinkle it evenly on top!
- Place into a preheated oven for about 25-28 minutes. You can check to be sure it’s done by inserting a knife into the middle of the pancake bake- If the knife comes out clean it’s good to go!