- 1 1⁄2cups cabbage, thinly sliced (I used the food processor or slicing blade)
- 1 1⁄2cups red onions, thinly sliced (I used the food processor or slicing blade)
- 1⁄4cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4cup ketchup
- 1⁄4cup brown sugar (I use spenda brown sugar blend)
- 2tablespoons water
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2teaspoon paprika (recipe specifies hot paprika, but I used regular paprika)
- 1⁄2teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1(1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4whole wheat rolls, split and warmed
- Combine 1 cup of the cabbage, one cup of the onion and the next 5 ingredients (vinegar – tomato paste) in a slow cooker (6 quart size).
- Combine the spices (paprika – salt) in a cup or baggie – rub spice mixture over the pork. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low. Transfer to cutting board to shred (or shred meat while in slow cooker). Stir pork back into slow cooker.
- To make sandwiches: spoon 3/4 cup pork mixture onto the bottom half of the bun; top with 1/2 cup cabbage and 1/2 cup onion. Cover with tops. Repeat for each sandwich.