I’m talking creamy, soft, delicious, cream cheese-y, cheesecake, not wobbly jelly on a dry base which unfortunately is often the way that Slimming World cheesecake go!
I made this completely Syn Free Cheesecake for my taster evening at Slimming World this week, and I have to say it went down really well…I was even surprised at how delicious it was and I made it! Obviously when I say syn free it doesn’t come without a little caveat, which is that per slice you use your Healthy Extra B and just a third of your Healthy Extra A…but that’s a very small price to pay for a proper cheesecake!
- 2x 180g Pots Philadelphia Lightest
- 1x 250g Pot Fat Free Quark
- 1x 200g Pack of Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar
- 1.5x Packet of Powdered Gelatin
- 50mls Boiling Water
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10x Special K Chewy Delight Bars (Healthy Extra B – or use equivalent HexB bar)
- 1x Punnet Raspberries
- 1x Punnet Strawberries
- Break up the cereal bars in to a microwave proof bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds until they’re soft and falling apart.
- Tip these into a round spring form cake tin (with a removable base) and press down to form a consistent base using your fingers and a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Dissolve your gelatin in the boiling water completely and let cool.
- Tip the Philadelphia Lightest, Quark, Icing Sugar, Gelatin and Vanilla Extract into a large mixing bowl and whisk together either using an electric whisk or a hand whisk.
- Chop half of the fruit into small pieces and stir these into the mixture.
- Remove your base from the fridge, line with halved strawberries (with the chopped middle facing outwards and pressing against the side of the cake tin).
- Pour in your cheesecake mix onto the base, cover with cling film and place on a level shelf in the fridge to set overnight.
- Just before you’re ready to eat the cheesecake, remove it from the fridge and top with the rest of the fresh fruit. Drizzle with Choc Shot if you want (add syns depending on how much you use).
- Serve immediately, it won’t last long!
One Special K Chewy Delight Bar is classed as your Healthy Extra B choice, so sliced into ten slices this recipe equals one portion per slice.