tablespoons sesame seeds, raw
tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
tablespoon maple syrup
tablespoon dry sherry
teaspoon gingerroot, fresh, minced
teaspoon five-spice powder
tablespoons all-purpose flour
teaspoon table salt
teaspoon black pepper
lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
teaspoons peanut oil
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture. Yields about 4 strips per serving.
4 points per serving.”