These super moist hummingbird cupcakes are light, full of pineapple, chopped bananas, pecans, cinnamon and spices topped off with a sweet cream cheese frosting.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar, I used raw
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz 1/3-less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 22 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add banana and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients and chopped pecans with the dry ingredients, batter will be stiff and dry but keep folding it and it will all come together.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tin. Bake at 350° for about 23 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, to prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over the cupcakes once they are cooled. Garnish each cupcake with a pecan half on top.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Serving: 1cupcake, Calories: 198kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 16.5mg, Sodium: 284mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 22gBlue Smart Points:7Green Smart Points:8Purple Smart Points:6Points +:5