- 1 cup hazelnuts skinned
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk optional almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Evenly spread hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast approximately 15 minutes. Remove and wrap hot hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and allow to cool 10 minutes. Remove skins by rubbing with the kitchen towel. Discard skins.
- In a medium saucepan, add chocolate chips, milk, honey and salt, turn to low heat and heat until chips are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while preparing hazelnuts.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until a butter-like consistency…about 5 minutes. The nuts will have a slightly grainy consistency and that’s okay, a little is fine. Add chocolate mixture to the food processor and pulse until well combined with hazelnut butter.
- Add nutella to a glass container, allow to cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Nutella will thicken after being refrigerated. This recipe makes approximately one pint.
Nutella makes wonderful gifts for the holidays. Add Nutella to 1/2 pint-sized canning jars, tie a bow around the lid and you’ve got your gifts!
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 99mg | Sugar: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3