- 5 – 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- Grease 6 quart or larger slow cooker and add chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper and rub into the chicken. Top with onion slices and garlic cloves.
- In a mixing bowl, add tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and stir to combine. Pour into slow cooker and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to cutting board or large mixing bowl and shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss in the sauce/juices. Serve on a whole wheat bun, lettuce cup, or by itself.
This skinny pulled crockpot bbq chicken is amazingly flavorful, yet uses no bottled bbq sauce and is only 1 freestyle smart point per serving!